June 14, 2012

Coconut oatmeal

BREAKFAST Coconut oatmeal topped with banana, coconut and flaxseeds

I really love experimenting with my oatmeal at the moment, and this must be one of my favorites! I really love coconut, and toghether with the sweet banana it really brings out all the amazing flavours! It actually reminds me of the beach, verry exotic and yummy (: Coconut is also super healthy for you. It's verry rich on lauric acid, which is known for being verry antibacterial and antifungal. It also contains zero trans fatty acids, which is pretty amazing! I put half of the banana in the porridge, and use the other half as topping. If you want to, you can add some extra sweetener such as honey or stevia. I cook my porridge in the microwave, super easy and just as good! Cook it for about 2-3 minutes.

Ingredients
1 serving

0,5 cup of oats
1 cup of water (you can also use milk)
2 Tbsp of desiccated coconut

1 banana (half in the porride half for topping) 
Flaxseeds, cherries and a bit of coconut for topping
Optional: sweetener such as honey or stevia

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm this looks awesome! Maybe I will make this oatmeal tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (: sounds great, tell me if you like it!

      Delete

Your comments makes me happy!