June 6, 2012

Chai latte on a rainy day

SNACK Chai latte and wholeweat bread with peanutbutter, peach and banana

This was so good! while the rain was falling down outside my window, i enjoyed this amazing snack between lunch and dinner. I simply love Chai latte! So creamy, so delicious and so perfect on these rainy days! I used 200 g. of non-fat milk, 100 g. of water, 1 tsp of black tea, 4 cm of cinnamon, 4 cardamom pods, 8 whole gloves, 4 peppercorns, 1 anise and 1 cm of fresh ginger. I also added some stevia, but you can use the sweetener you like the most (: I just put all the ingredients into a pot, and when it boils, its ready! Remove the spices, and there you have it! I also love the combination of peanutbutter and fruit, soo yummy and healthy. But, be sure to use a whole natural peanutbutter, one without added sugar! Peanutbutter do contain a pretty big amount of fat, but its the good kind, the kind our bodies needs. Enjoy in moderation. Bon appetit!

10 comments:

  1. I love bananas and peanut butter together. MMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's so damn good! yum yum YUM!

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful and your bread looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of your blog! This is my first visit. I am looking for a good brand of natural peanut butter. What brand do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Normally i use a brand which is just available in my country, denmark it is called ''urtekram'' and really is so amazing! But i'm also enjoying to make it by myselv, it's so easy and way more delicious! Nothing beats the homemade (: I just throws a bag of peanuts into a food processor with a bit of peanut oil (or you can use whatever oil you have). When the peanutbutter has a consistency you like, it's done! Soo easy and delicious. (:

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I saw your post on my blog and wanted to read yours too. Your food looks and sounds amazing, +1 follower here!

    PB and bananas were made to be together, I'm sure of it. PB and carrots is pretty good too, ever try that pairing?

    Also, I can't get enough chai and will make yours very soon! Can't wait to see more food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yep, PB and bananas is a mix made in heaven. I havent tried it with carrots, but it sounds amazing, i'm looking forward to taste it. Thanks for the tip!

      sounds good with the chai, it's so delicious! (:

      Delete
  5. Love this snack!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me happy!